Shipwreck Sea Scooter Safari
- 期間: 90 分 (約)
- 製品コード: SW
Experience the underwater reef resting place of a 100 year old shipwreck only 5 meters below the surface. On this amazing open ocean sea scooter safari/tour you will get to experience marine life beyond the reef. Experience the clarity of the deep, hues of electric blue and a marine wonderland where everything is possible. See the “Coral Gardens” just outside the reef where you may swim with turtles, puffer fish, reef sharks and more.
You'll learn about our coral reefs, the habitat and what we are doing to protect this resource for future generations. As the Eco-Adventure Tourism Award Winner in 2020, you can trust that our tours are eco-friendly and that your safety is our number one priority. Every client gets to use our unique eco-friendly sea scooters to pull you through the water and assist you during your tour.
Conservation & Credibility
· We are the only tour operator who sponsor "Te Ara O Te Onu", The Cook Islands Sea Turtle Conservation Society. Five percentage of your tour fee goes to the Society whose aim is to protect our Sea Tutles for future generations. Thank you!!
· Air New Zealand Eco-Tourism Awards Winners 2020.
· Air New Zealand Outstanding Kia Orana Spirit Awards Winner 2020
Ever seen a shipwreck close up? While on a voyage from San Francisco to Wellington, the RMS Maitai was shipwrecked just outside of Avarua Harbour in Rarotonga on December 25th, 1916. After over 100 years of resting just below the surf zone, this shipwreck is now part of the reef.
The Coral Gardens is a uniquely beautiful nature reef formation just outside our northern reef. In the right light, the colours of the coral are amazing. The gardens are home to sea turtles, moray eels, reef sharks and hundred of species of fish.
If you are truly lucky, you may get to encounter a humpback whale. Peak whale season is considered mid-June through to October. During this time, we can often hear their singing before an encounter. While there are no guarantees, it is truly a magical experience if you are one of the lucky ones.
Riding our eco-friendly sea scooters is also a lot of fun and they are also a safety tool unique to Ariki Adventures.
What To Expect
We meet in Avarua at the Avarua passage (next to Trader Jacks). You will see our friendly team in orange rashies. The 90 minute adventure starts with a quick safety brief, we then fit you with a mask and a snorkel, although we do encourage people to bring their own. We fit you with fins and you'll complete your Sea Scooter Operators course. Then we launch into the Avarua Passage off the beach and as you drift out with the current, our professional Guides are pointing out marine and environmental points of interest along the way. It's simply amazing.
You’ll cruise out through the passage and into the open ocean using our sea scooters as your eco-friendly safety vehicle. We stop for our first safety check just outside the reef and then sea scooter to the Coral Gardens. From there we head out to the deep blue where it is about 25m in depth and enjoy the electric blues of the Pacific Ocean. It’s crystal clear all the way to the bottom so you can see everything around you. We then head to the shipwreck where you can view from the surface or duck dive down to the wreck. After a short time there we head back into the passage and our finish location.
You are welcome to take your own underwater cameras and we post a few images on our own photo site for you to purchase and share with friends. If you enjoyed our Shipwreck Safari, check out our other sea scooter safaris including the Turtle and Lagoon Discovery Safaris. We also have the magical Night Paddle Tours with our paddleboards lit up with LED lights at night.
After the Safari, come on back to the Flying Turtle Cafe in Arorangi where you'll enjoy a 10% discount off all food and beverages.
· Guides required to regularly wash hands
· Gear/equipment sanitized between use
· Hand sanitizer available to travellers and staff
· Practical social distancing enforced throughout experience
Departure Point: Avarua Passage (next to Trader Jacks), Avarua, Rarotonga, Cook Islands unless otherwise stated.
Duration: Allow 2.5-3 hours
Return Point: Returns to the Flying Turtle Cafe
· Individual Sea Scooter
· Safety gear, including life jackets, rescue tubes rescue paddleboards.
· The best Adventure Guides in the Cook Islands
· Mask & snorkel. Note: Due to COVID 19, we are recommending all guests bring their own mask and snorkel however we will provide if you don't have your own.
· Fins or flippers
· Shorty wetsuits
· Travel to/from Departure Point
- Guests must be able to swim comfortably in the sea
- Guest must be comfortable in deep water.
- Not recommended for pregnant guests.
- Minimum age is 7 years old but subject to Crew Chief approval.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Availability: This tour is for small groups of no more than 10 people. We will do our best to book you on your preferred date and time but due to other bookings this may not be available. If your preferred time is not available we will contact you to offer an alternative date and time.
- People with medical conditions should declare them to us at the time of booking so we can consider their situation. It won't necessarily preclude them but we may have to insist on safety measures.
- Guests with disabilities. We have experience in taking out guests with disabilities. Please ask so we can consider the situation and if we can make it happen safely then we will. Please ask.
· Cancel at least 48 hours in advance to receive a full refund.
· Cancellations within 48 hours are not subject to refund unless COVID 19 related or a serious medical condition. Being hungover is not considered a serious medical condition.